Scotland 2006

A blog/journal of my preparations and trip to Scotland 2006.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

12:29: Heading home

Heathrow. That was the closest I was going to get to London, and was a shocking cacaphony of sound and light and languages, especially after the relative quiet of the Scottish countryside. Lots of shopping opportunities in Heathrow.

I got tea and a muffin Heathrow and then did laps in the airport as I waited for my flight; I had nearly 2 hours. We finally boarded the 777 to head home to Chicago. I had a nice left aisle seat in business class (!!) with no one on my right. A most pleasant return flight. . . in spite of the announcement 40 minutes out of Chicago that there had been a baggage belt problem at Heathrow and some of us weren't getting our luggage. Fortunately for me, I was heading home. I felt badly for those who were arriving in Chicago for a holiday. Sure enough, I was one of the lucky ones whose luggage remained in London. Made it quick and easy to get through Customs.

As I left most of the villages or towns most anywhere in Scotland, there was almost always the message "Thanks for driving carefully." But in the Highlands, the phrase that was on many of the signs was "Haste ye back." I'd like to, most definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home