Scotland 2006

A blog/journal of my preparations and trip to Scotland 2006.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Departure day!!

It's been a crazy couple of days getting ready to get ready to go. Lots of last minute things at work, odds and ends shopping for the trip, odds and ends things around the house. I came down with a head cold on Wednesday and skipped the office holiday party on Friday night to stay home and rest. . . and finish my grading for the end of the term. I still sound a bit like a foghorn, but my head is fairly clear so I should be fine to fly.

I noticed that my flight arrangements indicated British Airways but operated by American Airlines out of Chicago, so I thought I should call to check. Even the American Airlines reservation guy was a little stumped, but he checked the departure gate information so now I know where I need to be later today.

My grades are done, bills are paid, and zillion little reminder notes being gathered up as I finish packing to go. I've checked the weather in Scotland--it's not going to be fabulous but that's okay. I've got a raincoat and I'll be wearing my hiking boots. It's going to be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home