Scotland 2006

A blog/journal of my preparations and trip to Scotland 2006.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Excitement builds

I have my travel vouchers so I have proof that hotels are booked for me! My international cell phone will arrive tomorrow--my travel agent Ellen Morse negotiated a nice deal for me. Most of the things I've ordered for the trip have arrived so I've been able to practice pack. I need to do some travel food shopping, but that's about it. I've sent copies of my itinerary to my family and a few friends. I've taken care of the mail and the newspaper and notified neighbors. I bought a new travel journal. I've got a few more odds and ends to get yet, but nothing major.

I've some other work-related and holiday-related things that I need to do over the next few days, but I'm mostly ready to go. Yep, pretty darned excited.

The weather outlook isn't looking too fabulous, but I knew it would be gray and rainy this time of year. As long as I can still do some walking and see some of the countryside and take great gulps of North Sea air, I'm fine with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home